The rules of the tournament will be those governed by FIBA except in the following:
- The duration of each match will consist of 4 quarters of 10 minutes each for men, 8 minutes each for women, and in case of a tie after regulation, there will be an overtime period of 3 minutes.
- The duration of timeouts will be of 45 seconds and each team will only be allowed one in each period.
- Since this is a tournament in which a lot of games will be played and time is limited, technical fouls will be signaled when a player takes more than 5 seconds in putting the ball in play when there is any interruption of play (fouls, throw-ins, etc.).. With respect to fouls, both team fouls and personal fouls will be called.
- 5 personal fouls are allowed per player.
- In no case, disrespectful and unsportsmanlike attitudes towards the referees, and the person in charge of timekeeping and scoresheet (table official) and opponents will be tolerated. Since there will be only 2 referees per match throughout the tournament, total respect for the referees and their decisions will be demanded.
- Referees have the authority to stop time at any moment during the game, due to injury or any type of incident.
Each team will have a maximum of 12 players each. Only one coach and two aids can sit on the bench. All player substitutions must be made when the ball is out of play (dead ball) or when the time is stopped due to any circumstance of the game, and must be requested previously.
Men’s Basketball Competition
Number of Groups: 2
Number of teams per group: 5 (maximum)
Women’s Basketball Competition
NUMBER OF GROUPS: 2
NUMBER OF TEAMS PER GROUP: 4 (maximum)
Teams shall be classified according to their win-loss record, namely 2 classification points for each game won, 1 classification point for each game lost (including lost by default) and 0 classification point for a game lost by forfeit.
In case of a tie in the win-loss record between 2 or more teams of all games in the group, the following criteria will apply to determine final group classification:
First: The game(s) between these 2 or more teams.
Second: If these 2 or more teams have the same win-loss record of the games between them, then classification shall be applied as follows:
• Higher game points difference of the games between them (for & against)
• Higher number of game points scored in the games between them
In the playoff round, the games disputed will be semifinals, 3rd place, and the final.
In case of a tie, after regulation, in any of these matches, an extra period(s) of 3 minutes shall be played until a winner is declared.
Participants must know the “Official Basketball Rules” and abide by them and must accept referees’ decisions with sportsmanlike conduct, without disputing or questioning them.
In case of doubt, clarification may be requested only through the game captain.
Participants must refrain from actions or attitudes aimed at influencing the decisions of the referees or covering up faults committed by their team.
Participants must behave respectfully and courteously in the spirit of FAIR PLAY, not only towards the referees, but also towards other officials, the opponents, team-mates and spectators.
Communication between team members during the match is permitted.
*We have reserved the rights to change any competition system depending on participation and in the best interest of the tournament.
**Head of every delegation must fill in a “Legal Aspect” letter.